Guidelines and Instructions on how to become a Contributor.
Ooh La Lash Audience
The Ooh La Lash Directory provides proven and actionable strategies to get more customers in your salon.
Our audience primarily consists of patrons ready to visit your salon.
Understanding this, is key if your post/article is to be accepted.
We cover topics such as:
– Industry Growth
– Lead Generation
– Content Marketing
– Social Media Marketing
– Automation within the Industry
We’re open to other topics too; providing they’re written with our audience in mind.
Guidelines for Contributors
– The post/article must be at least 1,500 words.
– The post/article must be unique and written specifically for our audience.
– The post/article must not be published elsewhere, and you agree never to republish it on another website.
– The post/article should be well written, proof-read and ready to publish.
– The post/article must provide actionable advice – for example, if you’re sharing a tip for lash application, readers should be able to put that tip into action based on your post (or via links for further reading).
– Avoid any basic advice – for example, a post/article on content promotion should go beyond “share your content on social media.”
– Feel free to include external links that are relevant, but they must not be self-promotional or include affiliate links.
– Only relevant images should be included. Images should include a link to its source or the website where the screenshot was taken. Any image in breach of copyright will not be accepted.
– The post/article should be written in short, easily digestible paragraphs.
– The post/article should be well formatted and use H2, H3 tags where relevant.
When you submit your post/article to us you agree:
– You give us permission to make any changes to your post/article that will bring it in-line with our publishing standards. We may decline a post/article. We may also request changes which may be necessary in certain situations.
– You give us permission to repurpose your post/article whenever necessary – we may convert your post/article into other content types as a way to promote it. This means more visibility for you and your post/article.
– You will promote your post/article via social media and other promotional channels.
– You allow us to update the post/article when required. Ultimately we have a duty to ensure that our content is as up to date as possible. We’ll re-promote the post/article to our audience, and Google will reward your post/article with more traffic. So, it’s a win-win.
What Information to include
– An introduction – tell us who you are, what you do and your experience.
– Your two biggest marketing wins – let us know that you’ve got what it takes to deliver an insightful post/article for our audience.
– Samples – include links to at least 3 posts you’ve written from sites that aren’t your own.
– Who you work for – who will you be linking to in your author bio?
– Topic ideas – include at least 3 topic ideas with suggested headlines.
– Confirmation to follow all of our guidelines – you must confirm that you agree to follow all of our contributor guidelines (listed above).
The points listed above are all required. We are very specific about what to include. It will separate your pitch from others.
If you miss out any of the above, it’ll tell us that you haven’t read this page. And if you can’t follow our guidelines on pitching, it stands to reason that you probably won’t follow the rest of our contributor guidelines either.